USIU (The United States International University-Africa) in collaboration with the MasterCard Foundation offers a scholarship package known as MasterCard Foundation Scholars.
The scholarship program is open to all interested African students who wish to enrol in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Kenya. This scholarship program is for the MasterCard Foundation Africa Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
Are you an African? Have you been dreaming of studying abroad on a fully funded scholarship? Did you want to apply for this scholarship and also benefit from it? You are at the right blog post.
Here, I will give you a simple guide on how to apply by following the ABCD steps outline. You don’t want to miss this golden opportunity. Keep reading this article to the end.
USIU is known as United States International University Africa. USIU is a well-known private university in Kenya and its economy is the largest in the East African Community. The Commission accredits USIU for Higher Education (CUE) in Kenya and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) in the United States.
USIU was established in 1969 as the Nairobi Campus of United States International University (USIU), a San Diego-based institution. In 1999, the United States International University, Nairobi Campus, was established as a separate university under its newly created name: USIU Africa.
In 2001, USIU merged with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) to form Alliant International University. Approximately 130 nationalities are represented at the university, including 24 undergraduates, graduate students, and doctoral students.
USIU Academic School
USIU has the following academic institutions:
- The Chandaria School of Business
- The School of Science and Technology
- The School of Humanities&Social Sciences
- The School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- The School of Graduate Studies, Research & Extension
- The School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts
Academic Courses offered for an Undergraduate Degree at USIU
- BSc International Business Administration
- BSc Accounting
- BSc in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- BSc in Tourism Management
- BSc Finance
- BA in Animation
- BSc in Applied Computer Technology
- BA in Film and Production
- BSc in Information Systems Technology
- BA International Relations
- BA Criminal Justice Studies
- BA Psychology
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Journalism
USIU: Why should you study there?
Whether pursuing your first or second degree, USIU offers a flexible structure and affordable fees. As part of their culture and values, students acquire and express ethical standards and develop leadership skills that will guide their professional and personal development.
This is achieved through USIU courses in a wide range of disciplines. In addition, we encourage students to participate in leadership training both inside and outside the learning institution.
USIU Scholarship Details
- Name of Institution: United States International University-Africa
- Department: NA
- Program: undergraduate degree
- Award: Varies
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: Unknown
- Nationality: African students
- Country: Kenya
USIU Scholarship Criteria
- All African students are eligible to apply for the award.
- The scholarship awards 13 undergraduate degree programs in each of the following disciplines: School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- In addition, you must demonstrate their ability to complete their studies and indicate their interest in learning.
- You must meet the university admissions requirements per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- You must prove a commitment to improving the economy of your community through previous or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- You must advocate becoming a role model, mentor, and change agent who emphasizes the importance of ethical leadership.
USIU Scholarship Application Procedures
In order not to miss this golden opportunity, ensure you carefully read and follow the instructions required for the successful application of the award.
- First, you must apply for admission to the university before you will be considered for the scholarship award.
- You must submit and upload your previous academic transcript at the University
- You must also meet all the requirements for an undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate your competence in both oral and written English.
Benefits of applying for the USIU Scholarship award
Successful applicants qualified for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Tuition and the affordability of payment of fees
- Provision of laptops, books and other relevant materials
- Affordable accommodation and quality meals
- Health insurance
- Transport fees.
- Access to leadership training
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psychosocial support, career counselling, and mentorship
- Other urgent matters will be taken care of.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the USIU official website to get the latest updates.
See More Opportunities: