The Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarships for International Students 2023. Kindly read this article for easy steps on how to apply.
This blog is dedicated in giving update about valuable information and easy steps on how to start and explore various opportunities that will benefit you academically. You can also click here for similar updates. Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico for International student 2023 through Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), and AMEXCID-The Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation offers scholarship to International students who wish to pursue their specialty, Master’s degree, doctorate or Ph.D., postgraduate research, undergraduate, and postgraduate student mobility programs in Mexico can apply for this opportunity.
The scholarship allows students from over 180 countries to study in more than 80 Mexican Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). These scholarships testify to the country’s progress in various areas of science and humanities.
These scholarships will enhance the presence of international students, academics and scientists, women and men in Mexico and strengthen contributions to constructing permanent and long-term dialogue bridges enriching the foreign policy agenda. Likewise, the Mexican academic community and HEIs will benefit from greater internationalization.
- Deadline: 21 July 2023 (3:00 PM Central Mexico time)
- Applications Review: From 24 July to 4 August 2023
- Notification of Results: From 7 to 11 August 2023
- Start of Activities: From September 2023 to 8 December 2023
- Host institutions: 80 Mexican Higher Education Institutions
- Eligible Countries: 180 Countries
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Fields of Study: Various Fields
- Study Level and Duration:
- Undergraduate Mobility Program: 24 months maximum
- Master’s Mobility Program: 12 months maximum
- Master’s Program: 24 months maximum
- Doctoral Program: 36 months maximum
- Postgraduate Research Stays (Master’s, Ph.D., and Postdoctoral): 12 months maximum
Benefits of the Excellence Scholarships:
Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico cover the following expenses:
- Monthly stipend of four times with the amount of $12,614.80 for Master’s scholarships, Undergraduate Mobility Program, Master’s levels, and Master’s level research.
- A monthly stipend of five times the monthly value of the UMA, currently equivalent to $15,768.50 for doctoral and research stays at the doctoral and postdoctoral levels.
- Full tuition fees and enrollment
- Medical insurance through the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS)
- Payment waiver for issuing the Mexican visa
- International air flight transportation upon satisfactory completion of the academic program
- National Transportation
Also check: Fully Funded Full Ride USA Scholarships 2024
- AMEXCID will buy the air flight ticket in all applicable cases; any ticket purchased individually will not be subject to refunds.
- Any changes to the airline ticket purchased by AMEXCID from the recipient are not payable.
- For national ground transportation, the scholarship recipient should pay for the bus fare and will receive reimbursement for the amount spent.
Eligibility Criteria for Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico:
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must be national of one of 180 eligible countries
- You must have a bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. degree according to the level of the program requested
- The application registration must be in Spanish
- You must have an average grade point of 80 % in a recent degree obtained.
- Must be admitted to a Mexican University listed in this post above
- Applicant should be living outside of Mexico at the time of application.
The following people are not eligible to apply for the Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico 2023:
- Foreign diplomats accredited in Mexico and their direct family members
- Outsiders in Mexico who DO NOT have a Temporary Student Resident stay in Mexico
- Foreign citizens with Mexican nationality, including children of Mexican parents
- International applicants with a Mexican visa for family unity or intending to obtain it
- Previous year scholarship recipients from any Federal Government Institution
- Scholarship recipients from any agency of the Government of Mexico
- Former grantees of AMEXCID who applied for a scholarship when the same number of months during which the benefits received have not elapsed
Applicants of different study levels should provide some general and specific application documents as mentioned below:
General Required Documents:
- Online application form
- All academic documents (Certificate, Diploma, and Transcripts)Copy of a valid passport
- Signed declaration letter by the applicant (Format 1)
- CV of a maximum of 4 pages with applicant’s signature (Format 2)
- Copy of a medical certificate from a public or private healthcare institution dated no more than 3 (three) months
For undergraduate and graduate level mobilities:
- Acceptance letter or letter of introduction from a Mexican University not more than 60 days from the date of issuance indicating a GPA of 85 (on a 0 to 100 scaling system or 8.5 on a scale of 10)
- Copy of the letter from the home institution showing the educational credits of the subjects or studies in Mexico.
- If the mobility is carried out in a language other than Spanish or the mother tongue, a copy of the communication issued by the receiving Institution
- If the candidate is already pursuing a degree in Mexico, a copy of the academic transcript indicating a GPA of 85 (on a scale of 0 to 100 or 8.5 on a scale of 10)
- A copy of the previous degree certificate for graduate-level mobilities
Master’s Degree, Doctorate:
- Acceptance letter or letter of introduction from a Mexican University not more than 60 days from the date of issuance indicating a GPA of 85 (on a 0 to 100 scaling system or 8.5 on a scale of 10)Copy of the immediate previous degree
- Copy of the studies certificate from the last study period, issued by the home Institution, indicating a GPA of 85 (on a scale of 0 to 100 or 8.5 on a scale of 10)
- If the candidate is already pursuing a degree in Mexico, a copy of the academic record that certifies a minimum cumulative GPA of 85 (on a scale of 0 to 100 or 8.5 on a scale of 10)
- If the studies are in a language other than Spanish mother language, a copy of the communication from the receiving Institution
Research stays at the graduate level:
- Copy of the immediate previous degree (Master or doctorate as applicable)
- Copy of the certificate of studies from the last period attended in the Institution of origin indicating a GPA of 85 (on a scale of 0 to 100 or 8.5 on a scale of 10).
- Candidates with a Ph.D. degree do not need to prove a minimum average
- The acceptance letter indicates that tutoring is for research development, the person who will advise the applicant and the research’s name.
- If the research stay is in a language other than Spanish and the applicant’s native language, a copy of the communication from the receiving Institution
- Documents that are not Spanish must have a simple translation into Spanish with the applicant’s signature on a separate sheet.
- The applicant must submit colored documentation in PDF format of a maximum size of 1.8 MB
- All documents must be attached to the application in the system before the close of the Call.
- The documents must be legible.
- The applicant must match the passport signature and sign in blue ink for documents requiring a signature.
How to Apply for the Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico?
The application procedure is online, and applicants should apply through SIGCA (Academic Cooperation Management System).