Nigeria Police Salary – Nigerian Police Salary Structure 2020 is an article that explains to you the Nigerian Police Salary Structure 2020 as at October Salary Scale. If you wanna know the salary structure of the Nigerian Police Force, here is an opportunity for you.
About the Nigerian Police Force – Overview of the Nigerian Police Force
The job of the Nigerian police is to maintain peace and order in the entire country. The population of the police force is about 372 000 people which certainly isn’t enough to prevent all the criminal cases. This made it possible for Government to approve the recruitment of staff to increase the number to at least 650 000 police officers.
The Nigerian Police was built in 1930 as a serious structure but presently, it consists of 36 teams which have spread across the country and further classified into 12 various zones. Be informed that all these zones are operated by the seven various administrative organs. There are over 2,000 police stations in Nigeria.
Arms of the Nigeria Police – Different Arms of the Nigeria Police
The Central Criminal Registry
Special Anti-Robbery Squad (disbanded)
X-Squad, General Investigation
Special Fraud Unit
Forensic Science Laboratory
Police Mobile Force
Anti-Human Trafficking Unit
Force Intelligence Bureau
DCI Kaduna Annex and Counter-Terrorism Unit.
Nigeria Police Salary- Salary of Nigerian Police Workers
Note that a Nigerian police officer’s salary is dependent on his or her rank in the Nigerian Police and grade. That being said, we shall take it from the recruit to the Inspector General of Police and you will learn about new salaries of different ranks in the Nigerian police force.
- Police Recruit: Salary per month – N9,019.42, Annual Salary – N108,233
- Police Constable Grade Level 03: Salary per month – N43, 293.80, Annual Salary – N519,525.6
- Police Constable Grade Level 10: Salary per month – N51,113.59, Annual Salary- N613,363.08
- Police Corporal On Grade 04 (1): Salary per month – N44,715.53, Annual Salary – N536,586.36
- Police Corporal On Grade Level 04 (10): Salary per month- N51,113.59, Annual Salary – N613,365.08
- Police Sergeant On Grade 05 (step1): Salary per month – N48,540.88, Annual Salary – N582,490.56
- Police Sergent On Grade 05 (step 10): Salary per month – N55,973.84, Annual Salary – N671,686.08
- A Sergeant Major On Grade 06 (step 1): Salary per month – N55,144.81, Annual Salary – N661,737.72
- Sergeant Major On Grade 06 (step 10): Salary per month – N62,204.88, Annual Salary – N746,458.56
- Cadet Inspector On Grade Level 07 (step1): Salary per month – N73,231.51, Annual Salary – N878,778.12
- Cadet Inspector On Grade 07 (step10): Salary per month – N87,135.70, Annual Salary – N1,045,628.4
- Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 08 (step1): Salary per month – N127,604.68, Annual Salary – N1,531,256.16
- Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 08 (step10): Salary per month – N144,152.07, Annual Salary – N1,729,824.84
- Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 09 (step1): Salary per month- N136, 616.06, Annual Salary- N1,639,392.72
- Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 09 (step10): Salary per month -N156,318.39, Annual Salary – N1,875,820.68
- Deputy Superintendent Of Police On Grade 10 (step1): Salary per month -N148,733.29, Annual Salary -N1,784,799.48,
- Deputy Superintendent Of Police on Grade 10 (step10): Salary per month -N170,399.69, Annual Salary -N2,044,796.28
- Superintendent Of Police On Grade 11 (step1): Salary per month – N161,478.29, Annual Salary -N1,937,739.48
- Superintendent Of Police On Grade 11 (step 10): Salary per month – N187,616.69, Annual Salary-N2,251400.28
- Chief Of Superintendent Of Police on Grade 12 (step1): Salary per month – N172,089.06, Annual Salary -N2,065,068.72
- Chief Of Superintendent Of Police On Grade 12 (step8): Salary per month-N199,723.96, Annual Salary -N2,396,687.52
- Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step1): Salary per month – N183,185.73, Annual Salary -N2,198,228.76
- Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step10): Salary per month – N212,938.16, Annual Salary – N2,555,257.92
- Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step1): Salary per month – N242,715.65, Annual Salary – N2,912,587.8
- Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step7): Salary per month – N278,852.79,Annual Salary -N3,346,233.48
- Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step1): Salary per month – N266,777.79, Annual Salary -N3,201,333.48
- Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step6): Salary per month- N302,970.47, Annual Salary-N3,635,645.64
- An Assistant Inspector General Of Police: Salary per month – N499,751.87, Annual Salary – N5,997,022.44
- Deputy Inspector General Of Police: Salary per month – N546,572.73, Annual Salary – N6,558,872.76
- Inspector General Of Police, (IGP): This is the highest rank in the police force. His appointment comes from the president directly. IGP Salary per month -N711,498, IGP Annual Salary – N8,537,976
We are glad you visited our site. Has this article ”Nigeria Police Salary”, helped you?. I hope yes. That’s great. We are poised towards bringing you the latest on this field. Do not forget to return to our site again for more information. Also, your opinions are highly welcome, drop them in the comment section below.
Again, please kindly share it with your friends and family by clicking the share button.
Thanks a million!!!
NYIF Registration – How to Apply for the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Grundtvig Polytechnic Scholarship Application Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
Apply for Navy Recruitment Here
NYIF Registration Portal 2020-2023 – How to Apply for Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Latest News Updates in Nigeria
NYIF Registration: Registration for the NYIF
2020 Scholarship Opportunities – Scholarships for International Students
EBSU Registration Process/Guide – For Newly Admitted Students
How to Create Zoom Account