Master’s Scholarships by Commonwealth are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study at a UK university.
MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIPS BY COMMONWEALTH
This is to notify the general public that applications for the 2019 Commonwealth Scholarship for masters in UK is ongoing.
The Commonwealth Master’s scholarship is fully funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
This enables talented and motivated individuals who cannot afford study at UK gain knowledge and skills required for sustainable development.
The scholarship is awarded under six various themes depending on area of interest:
(1) Science and technology for development
(2) Strengthening health systems and capacity
(3) Promoting global prosperity
(4) Strengthening global peace, security and governance
(5) Strengthening resilience and response to crises
(6) Access, inclusion and opportunity
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION FOR THE MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIP
A candidate is qualified to apply for these scholarships if:
(1) a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
(2) permanently residing in an eligible Commonwealth country
(3) fully available to start academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
(4) unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
NOTE ALSO THAT
The CSC does not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. Anyone who is applying for a second UK Master’s degree will need to provide justification as to why he/she wishes to undertake the study.
A candidate must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
(1) National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application
(2) Selected Non- governmental agencies and charitable bodies
It is important to note that applications are accepted only via the CSC method.
To get full details about this scholarship, CLICK HERE