JULY 2021 CALL TO BAR AND SCREENING DATES HAVE BEEN RELEASED- KNOW YOUR DATE!
July 2021 call to bar and screening dates have been released by the council of legal education. This information is relevant to all successful candidates of the just concluded bar finals examination in March.
CALL TO BAR AND SCREENING – MEANING
Call to bar is that official moment a person is admitted or entered into a law society or court as a qualified legal practitioner to practice law in that jurisdiction. It is a law term in most common law jurisdiction. Call to bar screening is the examination of acclaimed successful students of the Nigerian law school of the various geopolitical zones to verify their results and their identity so as to ascertain those who have met with the requirements other than just passing the bar final examination.
CALL TO BAR AND SCREENING DATES
The long awaited call to bar screening date has been released by the council of legal education. The date varies with individual as it is not the same date that is given to everyone. This is due to the large population of the candidates for the call. Some are slated to be screened on 21st of July, some 22nd while some 23rd as the case maybe.
read more- 2021 CALL TO BAR SCREENING
HOW TO KNOW MY CALL TO BAR AND SCREENING DATES
To know your call to bar date and screening date visit the link released by the council of legal education in that regard.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CALL TO BAR
Persons qualified to be called to the Nigerian bar are persons who emerged successful in the March 2021 Nigerian law school examination set by the Council of Legal Education.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CALL TO BAR SCREENING
the successful in the just concluded march 2021 bar part two examination set by the council of legal education, know that;
1. The call to bar clearance payment would be done online; the following payments are to be made to the appropriate authority;
a. Call bar fee which is thirty thousand naira.
b. 10,000 Naira Alumni association fee.
c. 5000 Naira for practicing fee.
STEPS ON CALL TO BAR SCREENING AT THE NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL ABUJA
1. Make payment at zenith bank and keep the teller safe.
2. Make photocopies of the following documents- bank teller, laws school identity card, law school result printed from the law school page and LLB original certificate.
3. Visit the Nigerian Law School Bwari Abuja with the originals of the earlier mentioned documents. The documents will be collected from you and a Body of Benchers receipt will be issued to you with two Call to Bar invitation card.
4. Go with the well arranged original and photocopies of the document and head towards the dining hall where you will check for your name and the table you fall under and show the person in charge and your qualifying certificate and testimonial will be issued to you as you sign a book with your name.
5. Go to the Supreme Court, and ensure not to fill the testimonial until the guards there guides you on how to do so. Also remember to go with the relevant documents and passports as well.
6. Return to the Nigerian Law School Bwari Abuja and submit the originals of the testimonial, LLB original certificate, call to bar certificate and the qualifying certificate.