How To Use Twitter App – This tutorial will give you a guide on how to use Twitter, and you should be aware of basic Twitter lingo and abbreviations. I will explain few below and link out to some of the best Twitter resources from the Web to learn using Twitter.
Here’s a list of the first things you should do to get started on Twitter.
- Choose the right username: The first step in getting started on Twitter is creating your account. When creating your account, it’s important to remember that your username
- Create a bio that captures your business: Twitter is widely recognized as one of the most open social networks, in that, most of the communication on the site takes place in front of people in the news stream (rather than on individual pages or groups).
- Upload a photo or image that makes you stand out: Don’t underestimate the importance of picking the right picture or image for your profile (and please, please, please don’t send a tweet until you have uploaded one). For businesses, the perfect profile image will be one that your customers already know and associate with your business—like your company logo.
- Introduce yourself by sending your first tweet: Some people may disagree with me here, but I think now is the perfect time to send your first tweet.
- Find the right people to follow: Who you follow on Twitter will dictate the type of content you have access to and the quality of the relationships you’re able to establish. For this reason, you’ll want to set up some criteria, based on your experience, your industry, and what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Tell your network you’re on Twitter: Before we go any further, I need to tell you something you need to know: growing your following on Twitter is not easy—especially if you’re starting from scratch.
- Get the tools you need: Like anything else, if you want to be successful on Twitter you want to make sure you have the right tools such as;
- Monitor your profile on the go with the Twitter mobile app
- Schedule tweets and track your reach with Hootsuite
- Create your first Twitter List: Twitter Lists are a cool feature provided by Twitter to let users organize the people they follow into specific groups based on industry, relationship, expertise, etc.
- Save some searches: Similar to Lists, Saved Searches let users organize their content, but do it based on a specific topic rather than on specific users. Saved searches work exactly like they sound.
- Connect your touch points: A study found that 80.5% of small business websites do not link to social media networks. Please do not make this mistake. Connecting your website to your Twitter profile will help drive traffic and organically build your social following.
- Tweet: Twitter status update within 240 characters termed as the tweet.
- RT (Retweet): When someone retweet a Twitter update.
How To Use Twitter App
@reply: When you wish to send a public message to someone, you use @username to write a Tweet. Ex: @denharsh your message
DM (Direct Message): When you want to send a Private message to someone, you use DM. The other user should be following you, for your to send him/her a direct message. Ex: D denharsh your message.
# Hashtag: Adding a Hash sign before important Keyword in your Tweet message, will help your tweet to be discovered better in the search. Ex: Hi I’m Harsh, and I Blog about #WordPress and #SEO.
Twitter Handle: Your username is Twitter handle. Ex: denharsh
You might need to spend 1-2 quality hours to understand basics of Twitter, but once you have understood all the basics, you will be able to use Twitter effectively and for your success.
I have tried covering the most basic questions here, and if you still have any question about Twitter, feel free to ask me via comments. If you enjoyed this article, feel free to share it on Facebook and Google plus, so that non Twitter users can learn and join us on Twitter.