A very good opportunity for international students! Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2024 for PhD and Doctoral Candidates in the Social Sciences is now open for application.
This blog is dedicated in giving update about valuable information and easy steps on how to start and explore various opportunities that will benefit you academically. You can also click here for similar updates. Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies’ Academy Scholars Program is seeking to supports outstanding scholars who are going to start their academic careers and whose work combines superior skill in a social science field with fluency in a foreign language or other knowledge or expertise of other nations or regions outside of the U.S.A. or Canada. Their research should cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and clarify comparative, worldwide or domestic problems from the past or the present.
The Academy Scholars are a selection of individuals whose work demonstrates promise as a foundation for careers in research universities or international institutions. The individuals’ work should demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, and originality.
- Application Opens: 1 July 2023
- Deadline: 22 September 2023
- Study Duration: 2 years
- Number of Opportunity: 6
- Location: United States
- Host University: The Harvard University – Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies
- Eligible Countries: All
Benefits of the Harvard Academy Scholars Program
The Academy Scholars Program will cover the following:
- 2-years – postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies in the U.S.A.
- Annual stipend of $75,000 for Postdoctoral Academy Scholars
- Conference and research travel funding
- Research assistants
- Health insurance will be provided
Eligibility Criteria for the Harvard Academy Scholars Program
Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- The awards are open to Ph.D. or comparable doctoral degree holders within two years of the 1 August 2024 start date.
- Advanced doctoral candidates in the social sciences can apply for this opportunity.
- Scholars who are completing their dissertation must be able to submit degree conferral documents from their university registrar’s office by 30 June 2024, for the 01 August 2024 start date.
- Any applicants who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship cannot apply for this program.
The completed application should include the following:
- CV (including publications list)
- One example of academic writing (such as a chapter from a Ph.D. dissertation or an article from a peer-reviewed publication); just a O.N.E. sample may be submitted and must be in English.
- Research proposal (including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work) – max. 2000 words
- Ph.D. program transcript copy
- Three recommendation letters
Note: The three letters of recommendation are among the application’s many components that must be submitted electronically as PDF files. Please be aware that a complete application packet cannot be more than 10 M.B., so compress any large PDF files before uploading.
How to apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program?
Eligible and interested applicants should prepare the required documents and apply online through the link below.
For any further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Harvard Academy Scholars Program., Please visit their official website.