Corona Virus, otherwise known as Covid 19 has become the nightmare of the world recently. Read this article to learn more about the virus.
CORONA VIRUS-COVID 19
Have you ever imagined that a plague will befall the world that will have the power to put on pause the following?;
Football is the number one unifier of the earth, world or universe if you like. Research has proven that there is nothing that brings muslims and christians together more than football events.
There is virtually nothing that brings men, children and women together in large number more than football. Yet, here comes the threat of mother-earth known as corona virus that paused UEFA.
RELIGIOUS AND EVENT CENTRES
Have you ever heard that religious gatherings, weddings, schools, trade centres, seminars among others were shut down completely in fear of a dreaded plague for a day not to talk of months?
Oh what a virus! And what a way to cub human behaviours and attitudes?!
WHAT IS CORONA VIRUS – COVID 19?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease which is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. It spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose.
This happens when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It is claimed to have originated from Wuhan, China. It is also very deadly and have claimed many lives in a short while.
The COVID-19 virus affects different people in different ways. But for more details, the following are the basic symptoms;
- dry cough
- shortness of breath
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- only very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.
The saying has always been that; prevention is better than cure. It is advised that the following measures should be put in place in order to prevent contracting corona virus and its rapid spread;
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.