Block Someone On Facebook – To block someone on Facebook is very simple but the funny things about it is that once you block someone, that person can no longer see things you post on you timeline, tag you, invite you to events or groups, start a conversation with you, or add you as a friend.
Blocking someone on Facebook can be an effective way to protect yourself from toxic individuals, harassment, or people you simply don’t wish to communicate with. Here’s how to block a Facebook user and what you need to know about the entire process.
Recommended Link: Unblock Someone On Facebook – How To Unblock Someone On Facebook
How to Block Someone on Facebook Using Computer
1. Open your preferred internet browser on your computer or smartphone and go to the official Facebook website. Alternatively, you may also open the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Navigate to the Facebook profile of the person you wish to block. An easy way to do this is by searching for their name in the search bar at the top of the Facebook website and app.
3. Once on the person’s profile page, click on the ellipsis (three dots) next to the Message button.
4. A menu with a list of options will pop up. Click on Block.
5. You will be given the option to either cancel your block or continue with it. To confirm your block request, tap on Block once again. That person will now be blocked.
Most Preferred Link – How To Appear Offline On Facebook
How to Block Someone on Facebook Using Android Smartphone
Open the official Facebook app on any iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. If you haven’t already, make sure to login.
Tap on the search bar at the top of the app and type in the name of the person you wish to block. Find the correct account in the search results and tap on them.
On the user’s Facebook profile, find the three menu items under their profile picture and click on the ellipsis icon with the word More underneath it.
A menu will pop up with a list of options. Click on Block.
The app will ask you to confirm your request. Click on Block once more to block the individual.
Reasons Why People Block Others on Facebook?
There is no one reason for why people block others on the Facebook social network. Here are some of the more common motivators.
Stalking is unfortunately very much a reality for some Facebook users and blocking those involved is an efficient way of preventing them from seeing your content and sending you private messages.
Harassment and bullying can also be a problem for some Facebook users and blocking can be an effective tool for offering the victim some protection.
A real-world, offline, falling-out between a friend or family member can often result in an individual being unfriended on Facebook. As an unfriended user can still see public Facebook posts and send you direct messages, a major deterioration of a relationship can also result in a block so as to prevent all potential future interactions with the person.