The King’s College London is now accepting applications for Alexandros Petersen Scholarship from Afghans, Central Asia, or the South Caucasus applicants. This program will sponsor 22 complete master’s scholarships for masters of art students in the Department of War Studies at King’s College London. For easy steps on how to apply click here.
The King’s College London is now accepting applications for Alexandros Petersen Scholarship from Afghans, Central Asia, or the South Caucasus applicants. This Scholarship provides the best and brightest students with the opportunity to pursue their M.A. in the fields of Conflict, Development, and Security in the Department of War Studies.
Alexandros Petersen’s family has been funding this Scholarship at King’s since its establishment in September 2016 with a transformative USD 1 million gifts. This program will sponsor 22 complete master’s scholarships for masters of art students in the Department of War Studies at King’s College London.
Students whose work reflects Alexandros’s objective and ambitions are qualified to apply. The college hopes this program will conserve Alexandros’s personal and academic memory and encourage many young people to further their master’s studies.
Scholarships are open to residents of mentioned regions to undertake a one-year master’s program in the Conflict, Security, and Development program. Each student will benefit from a full tuition fee waiver, £2,000 travel bursary, and a monthly stipend by applying to this program. One Scholarship is available each year.
- Application Deadline: check official website
- Result Notification: March 2023
- Final Result: By the end of March 2023
- Host Institution: King’s College London
- Host Department: Department of War studies
- Location: U.K.
- Number of Opportunity: 1 per year
- Total Scholarship Value: £53,000
- Fields of Study: Conflict, Security, and Development
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan or Uzbekistan.
Benefits of Alexandros Petersen Scholarship
Successful applicants will benefit from the Scholarship with a total worth of £53,000 annually, as follows:
- Tuition Fee Waiver
- Monthly £20,000 Stipend to be divided over ten months for 2023/24 years;
- Travel bursary £2,000
Eligibility Criteria for Alexandros Petersen Scholarship
Applicants who wish to apply for Alexandros Petersen Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a resident of Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- You must acknowledge that they will complete their studies and return in due course to the South Caucasus region or Central Asia to share the skills;
- You must apply to the Conflict, Security, and Development MA programs or any other War Studies M.A.s;
- Must meet the minimum English language criteria as the University has stated for this program;
- Must prove financial need.
Applicants should provide and submit the following required documents:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement demonstrating how the Scholarship will support the applicant’s future aspirations and build their careers;
- Research Statement of 500 words max included in the application form;
- English writing sample included in the application form; applicants can provide a copy of a paper they have already completed relevant to themes of conflict, security, or development. An academic essay would be best.
Note: Supporting documents must be 3 M.B. in size to upload to the Supporting Statements section in the Portal. Please note that saving the document in a different format, e.g., JPEG, reduces the size. Successful applicants will be required to take a recognized English Language Proficiency Test.
How to Apply for Alexandros Petersen Scholarship?
Qualified candidates first have to apply for M.A. in the King’s College London War Studies program, complete the application form and submit it with all supporting documents before the deadline using the online portal and submission email. Follow the instructions below:
- Complete the formal Application Form through the King’s Apply portal by entering the link below.
- Please remember to apply for the full-time Conflict, Security, and Development MA program or any other relevant full-time Master’s program. Find the complete list of programs here.
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form to the Funding section.
- Attach a writing sample to the Funding section.
- Tick box 5 with the statement ‘I am applying for a funding award or scholarship administered by King’s College London’ in the Funding section, then include this Award Scheme Code: APS2023.
- To receive Admissions Application Fee Waiver, after completing the scholarship application and Before Submitting, the applicant must submit the fee waiver form by 4 January 2023. The admissions team will receive the applicant’s details, and then they will arrange to waive the application fee.
- Applicants can fill out the Alexandros Petersen Scholarship application form and submit it to email@example.com.
See More Opportunities: