2021 CALL TO BAR SCREENING- THE NEXT MOVE!
2021 call to bar screening is starting soonest! Have you seen you bar part 2 result? Were you successful in the bar part 2 March examination? If you are amongst the successful students, it means you are awaiting the upcoming call to bar ceremony and this guideline is for you!
read more- DELISTED JAMB CENTRES
WHAT DOES CALL TO BAR MEAN?
Call to bar is that official moment a person is admitted or entered into a law society or court as a qualified legal practitioner to practice law in that jurisdiction. It is a law term in most common law jurisdiction.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO BE CALLED TO BAR?
Persons qualified to be called to the Nigerian bar are persons who emerged successful in the March 2021 Nigerian law school examination set by the Council of Legal Education.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CALL TO BAR SCREENING?
For those who were successful in the just concluded march 2021 bar part two examination set by the council of legal education, the requirements for your call to bar screening are as follows;
1. The call to bar clearance payment would be done online; the following payments are to be made to the appropriate authority;
a. 5000 Naira for practicing fee.
b. 10,000 Naira Alumni association fee.
c. Call bar fee.
STEPS ON CALL TO BAR SCREENING AT THE NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL ABUJA
1. Make payment at zenith bank and keep the teller safe.
2. Make photocopies of the following documents- bank teller, laws school identity card, law school result printed from the law school page and LLB original certificate.
3. Visit the Nigerian Law School Bwari Abuja with the originals of the earlier mentioned documents. The documents will be collected from you and a Body of Benchers receipt will be issued to you with two Call to Bar invitation card.
4. Go with the well arranged original and photocopies of the document and head towards the dining hall where you will check for your name and the table you fall under and show the person in charge and your qualifying certificate and testimonial will be issued to you as you sign a book with your name.
5. Go to the Supreme Court, and ensure not to fill the testimonial until the guards there guides you on how to do so. Also remember to go with the relevant documents and passports as well.
6. Return to the Nigerian Law School Bwari Abuja and submit the originals of the testimonial, LLB original certificate, call to bar certificate and the qualifying certificate